Transfer students coming from other higher education teaching centers should have approved at least 12 university credits with a 2.50 general academic average or more. They should present a portfolio of his/her works or take the new-admission Seminar to prepare such portfolio.
A maximum of 60 credits will be validated. In order to validate the credits, the student shall provide a copy of the catalogue of the teaching center he/she is coming from.
- ID Card with Photo.
- Social Security Card.
- Letter of Recommendation from the Dean of Students of the university of origin, if the student has not earned a degree.
- Official credit transcript from the university(-ies) of origin (sent from institution to institution).
- Immunization Certificate, if the student is under twenty (21) years of age.
- Admission Fee of $25.00
- Proof of payment of ($50.00) for the Admission Seminar or ($30.00) for the Admission Portfolio.
Admission applications for Transfers should be submitted according to datelines set in the Calendar of that academic year.
For downloading the Dean’s Recommendation letter access here:
Recomendación del Decano (PDF) »
To download Transfer Student Application Certificate of Clarification click here:
Transfer Student Application Certificate of Clarification (PDF) »
No admitted student will be able to enroll until the Escuela de Artes Plásticas y Diseño receives all documents requested by the Admissions Office. Before classes begin it is a requirement for new-admission and transfer students to take the New Admission Guidance.
New-admission Foreign or transfer students shall also:
The same requirements and admission procedures applied to new admission students, transfer or homeschoolers, will apply, as it corresponds. In addition, they will deliver the following documents:
- Official university transcript sent from institution to institution, with a grade point average within the four (4) points grading system.
- Letter of Recommendation from the Dean of Students of the institution of origin, (sent from institution to institution). We provide this letter for them to fill it in and delivered it to us.
- Copy of the academic record of secondary or university education, in the original language and another one in English or Spanish, if the original language were another one, duly certified as an official copy by the institution of origin.
- Certification of the World Education Service (WES) in original, sent directly to the School (www.wes.org).
- Copy of the Academic Catalogue of the university of origin.
- Evidence of the titles or diplomas obtained. If the institution of origin does not use the USA system of qualification, the student will do a homologation of his/her courses in an institution duly qualified for that.
On or before being admitted to the Escuela de Artes Plásticas y Diseño de Puerto Rico, the foreign student should present evidence of economic solvency and show that he/she has the necessary funds to cover his/her first academic year. The academic costs will be the same as for non-resident USA citizens in Puerto Rico. The estimated cost of studies at the School is $18,050.00 calculated on a twelve (12) academic credits base.
If the student has a sponsor in Puerto Rico, he/she will hand in a notarized statement with a description of the type of support, and indicating the portion of the spending that he/she is committed to cover, with evidence included.
If he/she has a scholarship from his/her country, he/she shall bring a Certification that indicates the granting company or agency, the quantity and its disbursement policy.
All submitted documents will become property of the Escuela de Artes Plásticas y Diseño de Puerto Rico. No student who apply to the BFA program after the admission dateline or who does not comply with any other norm or admission requirement, will be admitted.
New-admission students will start studies only in the first semester of the academic year. Transfer or readmission students will be able to begin in the first or second semester of each year.
Veterans and Other beneficiaries of federal programs
The Institution is authorized to enroll veterans and their beneficiaries, referred by federal and state agencies. These beneficiaries should comply with all the admission requirements, in addition to those related to their condition as beneficiary of the corresponding agency in the federal or state program.
The Veterans Affairs Office , establishes that beneficiaries should complete their study program within the regular time of the program (100%). If it goes beyond the regular time (150%), he/she will not be able to continue receiving the veteran benefits. However, he/she will be able to receive other financial aid available, if he/she qualifies.
The Escuela de Artes Plásticas y DiseñoSchool of Puerto Rico does not have accommodation for students. However, you may check the list of lodgings available in the Metropolitan Area and Old San Juan, approved by the Consumer Department (DACO).
The Escuela de Artes Plásticas y Diseño de Puerto Rico cannot discriminate in the provision of education and services, on grounds of race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, origin or social condition, ancestry, civil right, political ideas, religion, nationality, ethnical origin, Armed Forces Veteran condition, or physical or mental disability. In fulfillment with the title IX of the Amendments to Education of 1972, the EAPD prohibits discrimination on sex grounds in all educational activities; for being victim or perceived victim of: domestic violence, sexual aggression or harassment, or any other category protected by law.