The Escuela de Artes Plásticas y Diseño de Puerto Rico offers Guidance and Counseling services alongside a Center for Student's Life Quality, and a Center for Life and Career Planning. It also offers economic aid via participation in various programs.
The Student Council of the Escuela de Artes Plásticas y Diseño de Puerto Rico plays a very important role in institutional life. It channels student requests for improving the quality of college life, and encourages them to fulfill their obligations and maintain institutional order. The Student Council organizes the Annual Student Exhibition and coordinates student involvement in civic and cultural activities.
Guidance and Counseling
The Escuela de Artes Plásticas y Diseño de Puerto Rico provides This office provides personal counseling services, educational and professional guidance to all students. These services help the freshman in his/her adjustment university life, to achieve academic success and get ready for a post university life that is full, useful and productive to society. It implements a prevention plan to stimulate healthy lifestyles.
The Guidance and Counseling Office offers individual and group guidance, workshops, seminars, conferences referrals to other professional and other services that reflects in student’s benefits. It manages and interprets tests and inventories of personal and vocational interests. In addition, it keeps updated information of other institutional institutions in and Puerto Rico and abroad. Once the student has declared concentration, the Faculty provides him/her with academic counseling.
Center for Student Life Quality
The Center for Students’ Life Quality is a program of the Dean of Academic and Student Affairs. Its essential objective is to promote healthy lifestyles through activities that propitiate analysis and reflection on social problems and the search for new alternatives.
The Center for Student Life Quality offers the following services:
- Organization and development of student groups
- Participation in associations and in inter-university consortiums
- Workshops, lectures and talks
- Referrals for psychological assistance
- Support and coordination of the reasonable accommodation program
- Group training
- Special workshops for contests and work commissions
- Faculty training in Safety protocols and Policies
- Referrals for other services and assistance provided to the community
- Health Fairs
The Escuela de Artes Plásticas y Diseño promotes the formation of students associations, with the aim of stimulating leadership and student participation in non-curricular activities. These associations assemble students with similar interests and help them in their integration to university life.
At present the School has five excellent student associations, which are:
- Arte sanación – They do community work integrating mental healing through art.
- Tinta pluma – A support group for writers to carry out writing and publishing activities.
- CINE AP – Share and appreciate the seventh art with the university community and the public at large. It holds forums, workshops, and cinema cycles or national and international short films.
- Animación EAP – It promotes the art of animation as a valuable expression in visual culture.
- enREDarte – Promote integration of different students from diverse art fields within and outside the EAPD.